Rock River is looking a dynamic new member to join our close-knit team. Check out the description below and contact us if you have the chops!
Manager, Business Development
Small, well-established San Francisco consultancy looking to hire experienced sales/account executive to successfully bring new business opportunities to the company. We are the nation’s premier music branding consultancy, advising Fortune 500 brands and global marketers on music strategy in their campaigns, products and marketing. Specifically we build music platforms for brands and their agencies by aligning major recording artists with relevant products and services to produce myriad branding activations such as original commissioned recordings, branded media players, podcasts, events, CDs, preloaded USB drives and MP3 players, download promotions, digital mixtapes and more. We are currently looking to fill positions in our San Francisco office.
• Drive $500k to $2 million plus deals in a highly competitive market place
• Develop contacts into leads and work through the complete sales cycle, including identifying and researching new business targets, opening up communication with key stakeholders, qualifying leads, proposing new business, pricing, negotiations and closing deals.
• Identify, develop, and articulate the compelling value proposition to prospective and current customers.
• Deliver confident, high-energy presentations and proposals.
• Lead meetings with minimal guidance or supervision.
• Actively identify and address business questions demonstrating meticulous follow-up and responsiveness to customers and internal staff.
• Ensure that individual and team actions build the organization’s reputation for top quality business practices.
• Gather data from prospects or customer to properly qualify business potential and to produce reliable business forecasts.
• Keep informed of competitive activity and offerings, music industry intellectual property developments, as well as innovations in the technological and advertising arenas, in order to guide target customers in making decisions between various alternatives.
• Responsible for up-sell and cross-sell activities into existing accounts.
• Provide accurate and timely sales reports and forecast information.
• Research/cold call/network to develop new leads.
• Build positive professional relationships with prospects and create new business opportunities.
• Work with Principals to prepare proposals and creative briefs.
• Brainstorm with Principals and Creative Team to determine best opportunities for new work.
• Keep detailed records on Salesforce of all business development activities.
• Support the VP of Business Development with research, proposal development and general administrative tasks.
• Contribute to company marketing strategy and execution efforts.
• Some travel will be required.
• Demonstrated business development / sales experience
• Existing relationships with marketing executives at major consumer products companies
• Demonstrated leadership ability and experience in getting results through self-initiated activities
• Demonstrated networking skills including strong written and verbal skills
• Detailed knowledge of marketing, advertising, branding, creative and web-based services
• General knowledge of music industry licensing environment a plus
• Ability to cold call prospects and successfully convert to qualified leads
• Ability to write effective proposals for creative services
• Works well in a collaborative team environment
• Very organized and forward-thinking with ability to multi-task and prioritize competing priorities
• Personable, enthusiastic, motivated, outgoing, flexible
• Technical skills should include MS Powerpoint presentation design, basic MS Excel, and Salesforce experience; Photoshop basics a plus.